About Outside In
Outside In is an award winning charity working to create a fairer and more inclusive art world.
Through our exhibitions, active online community and professional training programmes, we provide a platform for artists who find it difficult to access the art world for reasons including health, disability, isolation or social circumstance. Outside In was founded in 2006 at Pallant House Gallery in West Sussex. In 2016, following celebrations to mark the project’s highly successful first decade, Outside In became an independent charity. In 2017 Outside In joined Arts Council England’s National Portfolio.Outside In Booklet
What do you get when you sign up to Outside In?
- The chance to showcase your work alongside almost 2,000 other artists
- The opportunity to submit your work for possible inclusion in our many regional and national exhibitions
- A comments section on your page so that you can receive feedback on your work from website visitors
- A unique web address to give to friends and family so they can see your work online
- Support and advice from the Outside In team regarding your art work and artistic practice
If you would like to keep up to date with what Outside In is doing, you can sign up to receive our monthly newsletter here.
2009 Award Winner Carlo Keshishian believes that "Outside In can function as a mouthpiece to project the voices of quieter people."
*Although Outside In does not explicitly focus on outsider art or work with outsider artists, the process and dedication of many of the artists represented on the project’s website has an affinity with that of ‘traditional’ outsider artists (as defined by Roger Cardinal in1972 and Jean Dubuffet in the 1940s). Click here for more information on outsider art.
Images from top: Claudia Benassai, David Bradley, Albert