Outside In is working together with Brighton CCA ( a new centre for contemporary arts at the University of Brighton) to organise Make it Work: a week-long online programme centred on tools for the future, taking place live online in August 2020. From skill sharing workshops to exploring forms of knowledge production, we want to commit time to listen and learn how we can support artists to build sustainable creative networks.
The Make it Work programme will include:
- Artist-led online workshop exploring socially engaged practice
- Artist-led online disability training
- Artist-led online creative workshops
- Series of audio discussions exploring approaches to collaborative creative communities across the UK
- Online seminar about how to sell your time as an artist
- Online Studio Visits
We want to create a programme that reflects the needs of the participants, so we want to hear from you!
What you would like to see in Make it Work?
It might be a particular type of training, a professional skills seminar or a studio visit. Just send us a sentence or short audio note over email to P.Wright@brighton.ac.uk. We will do our best to incorporate, combine and explore as many ideas and contributions into the programme as possible.
We would like to contact you once we’ve received your submission, so please indicate if you’re happy for us to do so and if you prefer email or phone. We will be accepting ideas and thoughts until Friday 3 July .