This month, we've asked Daniel Moore to answer a few questions about his work. Daniel regularly attends Pritchards Road Day Centre's art group.
1) When and how did your interest in art develop?
Two to three years ago. I was looking at art books from the library. There was one in particular about Edgar Degas that I liked.
2) What inspires your art?
Its a break away from playing CDs, an alternative to listening to music.
3) What process do you go through, starting with the initial idea?
My art is spontaneous. There is no particularly process. I have an idea and start drawing.
4) Colour is obviously very important in your work, how do you choose which colours to use?
I like using particular colours like red and green.
5) Are you influenced by any other artists?
I'm influenced by Picasso, Cezanne, Van Gogh, Toulouse Lautrec. I particularly like abstract painters.
6) Do you have a favourite piece? If so, which one and why?
No particular favourite. I like the ones with houses and trees.
7) What has been the highlight of your artistic career?
I like going to look around art galleries.
8) What's next for you as an artist?
I want to broaden my horizons and improve my art work.
You can see more of Daniel's work on his Outside In gallery: www.outsidein.org.uk/daniel-moore
Image: Daniel Moore, Still Life