A new art gallery and studio spaces will be opening in Folkestone soon that I wanted to bring to your attention. It will be called ‘Freedom to Express’ and is run by a group of disabled artists who have come together to form a charity to show and encourage disabled people the cathartic process and joy of art . Here is an outline of what will hopefully be happening at Freedom to Express, but for further information please contact John Harris on: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 07977735651
1. To provide an atmosphere of creation for all
2. To provide studio space for artists three times a day for two hours. This is available seven days a week.
3. To provide storage for artists so that they can come back to projects over a period of time and know that their work will be safely and securely stored
4. To provide a gallery space to showcase peoples creativity. The exhibitions will change every two weeks, and they can be solo shows or group shows. The costs of the framing of works will be covered too by Freedom to Express.
5. To select an ‘Artist of the week’ each week
All art materials will be provided free of charge, but Freedom to Express will be seeking donations from people to engage with them.
There will be an online gallery space too and people can sell their work if they wish. Freedom to Express will take a 10% commission of all works sold that will go back into the running of the space and paying for frames.
Freedom to Express is open to everyone.