We are looking for East Sussex and Brighton based artists to submit work for possible inclusion in an Outside In exhibition as part of Brighton's HOUSE Festival this May at the Phoenix Brighton. This year, the Festival's theme is the edge, shift and marginality.
Work submitted can be in any media, but artists must have an Outside In online gallery and be living within East Sussex or Brighton (anyone with a BN postcode). Each artist is able to submit two works for selection and as the works will be looked at online only, the quality of the photograph uploaded is very important.
To coincide with our call out for submissions, we will be holding a number of Surgery Days throughout the county to help artists who need some support to submit their work and create an online gallery. Please check back for further dates of these, which should be listed by the end of this week and then get in contact with us to book a place. If you are supporting someone, then please book on their behalf.
Confirmed Surgery Day Dates so far:
- Thursday 5 February at Towner Gallery, Eastbourne between 11am – 4pm
- Friday 13 February at Hastings Museum between 10:30am – 3:30pm
- Monday 16 February at Brighton and Hove Foyer between 10:30am – 3:30pm. This is in collaboration with Creative Future
- Wednesday 18 February at Sussex Community Foundation, Lewes between 11am – 4pm
- Friday 20 February at Crowborough Community Centre between 11am – 4pm
To book a 45 minute 1-2-1 session at one of the above Surgery Days please contact Hannah Whitlock either by calling 01243 770 845 or by emailing: email@example.com
You will be able to submit your work from Friday 23 January. The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 27 February and the exhibition will take place at Phoenix Brighton throughout the month of May.
If you need help at any stage with any of this, please contact Hannah Whitlock, the Artist Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 770 845.
Image: David Jones, Dragonfly Lady