The Art House is seeking proposals from artists to exhibit their work. They are offering three different opportunities, supporting artists at all levels of their practice:
1. Solo exhibitions. This includes a week residency, the opportunity to present a talk at the opening and the possibility for delivering workshops.
Exhibition time slots available:
Slot 1: May 25th – July 14th 2011
Slot 2: September 28th – November 17th 2011
Slot 3: January 25th – March 15th 2012
Slot 4: March 28th- May 17th 2012
Deadline March 17th 2011
2. Member’s Open Exhibition. July 27th – September 15th 2011
This open submission exhibition is an opportunity for all Art House members to reach new audiences. All mediums are considered. To exhibit in the members exhibition Art House membership is required (£15, £7.50 concession)
Deadline May 2nd 2011
3. Christmas Craft Exhibition Following your submission works will be selected for the following opportunities.
Exhibition: November 30th – January 18th – This exhibition is an opportunity for all crafts people to show work to a wide audience in a professional arts environment and to network with artists. From your submitted images we will select up to four works.
Stall at the Art Walk: November 30th – The November Art Walk evening event will run from 5pm to 9pm. This is an ideal opportunity to professionally display work for sale.
All works will be for sale and The Art House will take a 20% commission.
How to apply for all exhibitions
- A brief covering letter stating which exhibition opportunity you are applying for, including full contact details.
- A proposal of what you would like to exhibit and any specific installation requirements.
- A statement on the conceptual underpinning of your work.(maximum 500 words) For solo exhibition applications only.
- A brief biographical statement and Curriculum vitae.
- Visual material directly relating to the proposal such as previous or proposed art work (CD of jpeg images is preferred, label images – title, medium, dimensions and year)
- Specify suitable slot(s) for the project if timing is relevant (for solo exhibition applicants only).
You can apply for more than one opportunity and should indicate this in your application.
Send all Exhibition proposals to: Exhibition Submission, The Art House, Drury Lane, Wakefield, WF1 2TE
To discuss your application, including accessibility: Heather Young, 01924 377740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about The Art House www.the-arthouse.org.uk