Submit your work for the Tight Modern!
Creative Future are once again running their Tight Modern event this summer, showcasing work from 60 of their artists in what they are told is the world's smallest temporary gallery. It’s a touring miniature replica of London’s iconic Tate Modern Gallery. The Tight Modern will be exhibiting at Brighton Fringe festival, Towner Art Gallery in Eastbourne, a mini tour in the North West and another venue yet to be confirmed in London. Please visit the Tight Modern website to view previous year's exhibitions. They also have a Facebook page for Tight Modern, which you can 'like' to be kept up to date with news of the event.
- Prizes of £250, £175 and £75 for the public's favourite three artworks will be awarded in January 2015. They are looking for original artworks, photographs or prints (including digital images) measuring 18x13cm – portrait orientation only.
- The theme for the exhibition is ‘The Dizziness of Freedom’ and you can respond to this in any way you choose. Submissions must be portrait orientation only
- Artworks can be any media, on any surface.Image should measure 18x13cm and be no deeper than 22mm.
- All submissions must be portrait orientation only.
- There is a submission fee of £5 per artwork. You can submit up to 5 pieces of work (£25), and you will need to complete an entry form, which you can request from Creative Future.
- Submission is FREE to people who have attended a Creative Future course since April 2013.
You can pay for your submissions online via Eventbrite or send a cheque made payable to Creative Future to:
Creative Future, c/o Creative Future, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG
If you would like to submit work for possible selection for the Tight Modern, then please email Niamh at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how to apply.